Friday, January 5, 2007

A Must-Have for Women Golfers

Every woman needs a Universal Cart Cover! When it's rainy and cold, you will thank yourself for buying this item.

About two years ago, my long time golfing partner and I decided to buy a Cart Cover. After researching the item online, we decided that we would purchase the Universal Deluxe Cart Cover from Buggies Unlimited.com. It still sells for the same price of $74.99 plus s&h. We split the cost so our individual investment was only about $45. I wish that I loved everything I had ever spent $45 on as much as this!

Online ordering was easy and we received the cover within a week. It is shipped with it's own carrying case and on our first cold league night, we brought it with us. The leagues here start in early May and it can still be pretty nasty weather in Michigan. The women's league I am on is pretty fun and has been in existence for thirty-some years. Some of the original golfers still golf on it!

We arrived at the course pretty full of ourselves with the new toy. It wasn't raining yet but it was about 42 degrees with gusty winds. We took the cover out of it's case and had no idea which way it goes on or how. There were no instructions or maybe they just blew away in the windstorm. All the other women were hooting and hollering about what the heck did we have now? After approximately 100 bumbling tries, (not really, but sure seemed like it), we finally get it put on the right way. My suggestion is to mark, in indelible ink, which end is the front and which is the back on the underside. This will save much embarrassment in the future.

Of course, we still have to attach all the tie-downs to the cart and it has begun to gently mist on us. The tie-downs need to be adjusted for each individual cart model but it is a very easy buckle clasp to adjust. Unless this is your first time, then it is not so easy in the torrential downpour.

I believe that some of the women on my league still discuss the evening we showed up with our cover. Whenever I overhear them saying, "drowned rats", "Laurel & Hardy", "Laverne & Shirley", "gale force winds", "funniest thing I've ever seen", or "I laughed so hard, I peed my pants", I know they are talking about it. BUT now that we have become wizards at using the cover, they don't laugh so hard! Whenever we zoom by them, warm, toasty & dry, inside our cart cover, I try to be nice and not rub it in. Well, kind of...
Here are a few more suggestions on use & care of the cover:

  • Take it with you on the cart if it even looks like rain. It can be stored under the cooler rack on some carts or behind you on the seat. I have never regretted taking it.
  • Make sure to lay it flat to dry before putting it back into the carrying case. I've never had any mildew but don't want to take the chance.
  • This cover doesn't fit too well on what I call the newer wide body carts. Not sure what brand they are but they have the wider seats. It still fits, just not great. Unfortunately, the wider seat fits something of mine just great.
  • If it is hot, it can get very toasty inside. All the sides can be tied up or sometimes we just leave the back zippers open to get some air. Also good if your golfing partner had chili on her hot dog at the turn.
  • The front windshield is hard to see out of because of the wrinkles. We used a hair dryer on it and it helped quite a bit. Just make sure it's not set too hot or you will have permanent ventilation.

And my last, but not least important bit of advice, sneak onto your neighborhood golf course after dark and practice putting your new cover on a cart before attempting to do it during your league or at a large charity golf outing in the pouring, freaking rain.

I hope this info will save you ruined hair and wet grips in the future.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: