Monday, January 8, 2007

My Golfing Style

I just wanted to warn you that if you're looking for reviews of expensive golf items or elite country clubs, that this is probably not the place for you. I buy most of my golf polo's at Kohl's or Land's End. My fancy golf shorts are whatever is comfy and have pockets. My golf sandals were bought on clearance as was my pretty, flowery, new golf bag. The sandals are Sandbaggers but I only paid $39 for them. The golf bag is a Burton Cloud 9 I found for $80. I probably will never own Walter Genuin shoes or a Benetti bag. Unless, of course, I can find a great sale! Still, I always try to look my best when golfing. I'm just not going to spend money on things I will have a spot on before you can say "Fore!"

Most of the golf courses I play regularly are the local public courses. The reviews I plan on writing will be mostly about the average courses, ones that may not be five star (or even 3 star!) but that are fun and cheap. Most of the time, the fairways are not perfectly manicured and they don't have designer outhouses on the course. My friends and I won't be writing articles for Golf Digest or Golf For Women magazines. We believe that golf should be for the pure enjoyment of golfing, on whatever conditions we find.

Does this sound like you and your friends? Please, if it does, send all and any of your friends here! I would love to hear from you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my kind of golfer! We have a lot of the same ideas when it comes to golf. I usually buy my golf equipment through The Golf Warehouse, or our local golf shop. I have found great deals (close to the end of the season) on golf sandals at the Pro Shop in Jackpot Nevada...
I'm going to enjoy Michick's blog..."FORE"

Michick said...

Thanks, NP, and welcome to my new adventure! I look forward to hearing from you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl! Way to go!
I'm not much of a golfer but
I enjoy the reading ;-)

eenie@umich.edu

Anonymous said...

If you ever need a caddy, let me know. Okie

Michick said...

Welcome to my new home on the net! Thanks for stopping by!

Okie, I might not need a caddy for a few months yet but when spring gets here, watch out!