Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Please Re-Grip Your Clubs

“Good golf begins with a good grip.”
Ben Hogan - 1957


I have talked to many of my golfing friends and most of them say they have never had their clubs regripped. I'm not sure why so many women don't have this done. I have my woods and irons regripped at least once a year. My hands used to get so sore because, like most of us, I grip the club too tight. The first time I had my clubs regripped, I went to a men's size grip in a super soft Winn grip. This is what my grips look like on my woods & irons. What a difference the new grips made in my enjoyment of the game. My hands never get sore anymore and I don't have such a death grip on my club! Also, I think it improved my scores just because my hands don't get so tired.

I take my clubs for regripping to a friend who makes golf clubs as a hobby. Most pro shops or golf stores do it also. I have seen instructions on how to do it yourself but I'm handy-woman challenged. The best instructions I found for you brave souls was at: http://www.ehow.com/how_117745_regrip-golf-club.html Good luck!


I have seen some really awesome golf grips coming out for women this year (finally!) I really like the new Rave ones from Winn shown here.They also come in a pink/black combo which will go really well with my putter grip which looks like this.It's time for me to get new grips, don't you think?
So if it's been a long time since you had your clubs regripped, remember, this is your ONLY connection to the golf club - Make it a Good One!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the grips with the pink ribbon on them. Where can I get them? Checked TGW, no luck.

Anonymous said...

Update......I found them on golfsmith.com

Michick said...

Good, glad you found them! I get compliments on them all the time.

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize you had them in your store....going to order them from you...