Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Still Too Cold!

Today is a balmy 30 degrees and gray. I talked with a friend who was visiting Florida and she said it was 77 and sunny. I really didn't want to talk to her after that! Staying in good physical condition during the winter in Michigan can be quite a challenge. I get so bored going to the driving range that after awhile, I just give up.

A friend of mine recommended Roger Fredericks' Golf Flexibilty DVD's so I ordered them. Here is the website for them:
http://www.fredericksgolf.com/?gclid=CJGDo-iM94kCFQGPWAod-00mVw

I found that 90% of the exercises were yoga postures that were slightly altered for the golf swing. I enjoy doing them but Fredericks isn't the most motivational coach I've ever had. If you have never done yoga before, take it easy in the beginning. These stretches can be intense without you ever knowing it. Don't ever stretch until you feel pain! Stop and go back an inch or two. Breathing out and releasing are the only way to get more stretch.
I think that these exercises can be very beneficial to the golf swing if done consistently. Which I guess is true of any exercise! It's just getting out from under the down comforter to do them!

No comments: